I found a cute little idea while on the web last night. It's very simple and great for using up all the retired dsp I have lying around. All you need to do is take a little lunch bag and cut it down to the height that looks good. This one is cut down to 2-1/2 in. high.
Here's the instructions:
Measure your bag width and cut your dsp 1/4 in. wider than the width. My bag is 3-1/2 in. x 2-1/2 in. so my dsp is cut at 3-3/4 in. wide. You will need a length long enough for the front of your bag and enough for your back and a flap to go over the front plus the 1/4 in. as well as a coordinating strip to layer on the front flap. Cut and score your dsp where you want your flap. Punch holes close to the top back and add a piece of ribbon for the purse handle and tape it down with regular tape before adhering your brown bag to the dsp. Have I lost you yet?.. I hope not. Using snail adhere the flat side of the bag to the longer piece of dsp. Now get the bottom of the brown bag and fold it down, in half so it looks like the second picture (see the mountain fold?). Add your front dsp aligning it with the back dsp. Adhere your coordinating dsp strip to the front, velcro and decorate as desired. Be sure to add the decor to the top flap only. I used one dimensional to hold it in place.
This purse opens up pretty wide so you'll have lots of room for goodies!.... a gift card and a maybe some chocolates or for a darling little girl's present! Leave me a message in the comment section if you have additional quesitons.
I may remake this one with cardstock and layer with dsp as I feel that just dsp is a bit flimsy at the corners. We'll see though!!
Recipe:
Flower Stamp and So Saffron ink
Paper: Dsp of your choice, mini lunch sack, scraps of soft suede and whisper white cs
Accessories: punches, ribbon and brad
Have fun and thanks for stopping by!
No comments:
Post a Comment